Natural Product Research and Development is an open access journal: all articles will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download.
Natural Products Research and Development advocates the fairness and seriousness of academic publishing, strictly implements the peer review, and adopts double anonymized review. After receiving the manuscript, the manuscript proceeds to pre-review status (usually within 2 working days). Firstly, manuscript misconduct detection is performed and the scientificity and originality of the manuscript is determined by searching in authoritative databases using keywords related to the content of the manuscript as the search content. After the manuscript has passed the preliminary examination, an email will be sent to the author to notify him/her of the manuscript reviewing fee, and after receiving the reviewing fee, the manuscript will be sent to peer reviewers (if the author has submitted manuscripts to the journal before, the peer review and reviewing fee will be charged at the same time). Before submitting for peer reviewers, the author’s name, institution, and other relevant information will be hidden, and the peer reviewers are researchers who are not in the same region and the same institution as the author, to ensure that the peer reviewers evaluate the manuscript fairly and objectively. In addition, Natural Products Research and Development has a more comprehensive pool of reviewers in the field of natural products and related research field, and reviewers will be supplemented according to the needs. All manuscripts shall be submitted to at least two experts for peer review, mainly to evaluate the scientificity, innovation and practicability. After the experts give the review opinions, the deputy editor in chief will make a decision on whether to publish after the comprehensive evaluation, and the editor in chief will make the final review. For the submitted papers, accepted papers and papers to be published, the editors will conduct academic misconduct detection in the “Academic Misconduct Detection System for Science and Technology Journals” on CNKI. Repetition rates below 30% pass the test, and those equal to or above 30% are considered as possible academic misconduct. Articles that are subject to academic misconduct are handled as follows:
1. The journal treats the papers finally identified as academic misconduct with a prudent attitude, and will notify the author in time and allow them to explain and redress this issue.
2. If the paper has not yet been accepted, the journal will immediately terminate its processing, make a rejection process, and give a warning to the author.
3. If the paper has been accepted but not officially published, the journal will do the withdrawal process and give the author an archive and warning.
4. If the paper has been officially published, the journal will publish the announcement of officially canceling the publication of the paper on the official website, notify the cooperative database to delete the online version, terminate the dissemination, and notify the author’s institution of this event.
5. The journal will never accept papers written by the first and corresponding authors of papers with serious plagiarism or multiple submissions in one manuscript.
Permitted third party reuse is defined by the following user license: Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-No Derivs (CC BY-NC-ND). This license allows reusers to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon the material in any medium or format for noncommercial purposes only, and further does not permit distribution of the article if it is changed or edited in any way. The full details of the license are available at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.
For open access publishing, this journal uses Statement of Integrity and Copyright Transfer Agreement. After the manuscript is accepted, the author needs to sign a transfer copyright to Natural Product Research and Development, but the author has the right to allow third parties to share their articles (such as stored in the institutional repository) in accordance with the Creative Commons license agreement. At the same time, the author can also use this article for other academic (non-commercial) purposes.
Article Processing Charge
To provide open access, Natural Product Research and Development has an open access fee (also known as an article publishing charge, APC) which needs to be paid by the authors or by their research funder or institution. Accepted manuscripts should pay about RMB 600 yuan for each printed page. If color page is required, an additional fee will be charged: 800 yuan/page, 1000 yuan/2 pages, 1200 yuan/3 pages, and 100 yuan as the reviewing fee for each paper.